- Inspect sample collection tube and ensure that the sterile seal has not been compromised.
- Instruct the patient to rinse mouth with water 2-3 times for 10-15 seconds each time.
- Remove the double-swab from the tube.
- Insert the double-swab into the patient’s mouth and press both cotton tips against inside of right cheek.
- Vigorously stroke both swab tips across the entire inner cheek, similar to brushing teeth, for 20 seconds.
- Repeat instructions from Step 2 on the inside of the patient’s left cheek with the ‘other side’ of the double-swab tips for an additional 20 seconds.
- Include upper and lower gum regions.
- Place the double-swab back into the tube and affix the barcode label with the patient’s name and date of birth to the tube.
- Place the sample tube and completed forms inside the IDgenetix sample box.
- Return box within 24 hours of collection using the provided FedEx shipping supplies.
Block "303" not found